1. A gripping 60 Minutes on TV3 on Sunday evening, with Bronwyn Pullar, whose actions sparked the ACC firestorm, making her case at length. Perhaps the most remarkable thing is what isn’t in the story: any response from ACC. Not even a response to explain why they’re not responding. The dysfunction alarm bells were ringing, and, well, you know what happened in the days following.
2. Have you started watching Breaking Bad yet? It comes highly, highly recommended.
Of the latest episode, writes Fiona Rae, New Zealand’s television arbiter in chief:
A brilliant season gets, ah, brillianter with this high-concept episode filmed almost entirely in Walt’s meth lab.
Watch it here. Then go get the box set and watch from the start.
3. Gina Rinehart was reported this week to have snapped up another $25m in Fairfax shares. On RNZ’s Nine to Noon earlier this week, Michael Rafferty from the University of Sydney Business School offered his take on the mining magnate and her family. He doesn’t have a very high opinion of them.
4. Unless you live somewhere other than New Zealand it’s downright impossible that you’ve seen to the end of the latest series of Mad Men. So SPOILER ALERT – don’t watch this terrific Vulture mash-up (and accompanying piece) until you’ve seen at least the penultimate episode, which shows how a number of things foreshadowed a thing.
5. Did I mention the Transit of Venus Forum? If you go here you can see Listener roundups of the sessions at the East Coast event, complete with videos. And here’s Our Changing World with its take on goings on for Radio New Zealand National.