1. Whence came the following tweets?
I feel so empty.
Seven years I’ve been waiting for this moment. Seven long years, and for what?
I feel like such a failure.
Where did it all go wrong? They say it’s the organisers fault, but I blame myself
Some important looking people in suits are pointing at me and looking all serious. Musn’t get hopes up though…
20,000 followers, and still nothing seems to fill the emptiness :(
2. Who tweeted the following insights on Thursday?
London in best shape ever. All overboard about the Olympics, brilliantly organized by Zeb Coe and Boris Johnson.
Better enjoy Games while they last. Hangover coming with bad economic outlook truly world- wide.
No wonder China leading in medals while US and UK mainly teach competitive sport a bad thing. How many champions state school background?1
Sorry, it’s Sebastian Coe, not Zeb!
Interesting today to see if any decent protests against Putin his phony trials of dissenters. Russia even less free speech than here.
Police arrested at 330 am some kid for mild unpleasant tweet. Thinking of asking for arrests of last 100 death threats on me!
3. That last tweet above was a reference to threatening tweets made against whom?
4. In the final moments of the double sculls on Thursday night, as Nathan Cohen and Joseph Sullivan closed in on victory, which news organisation tweeted the below?
BREAKING: NZ win their first Gold medal of #London2012 Peter Taylor and Storm Uru #KiwiPride
5. NBC has come in for a truckload of criticism over US Olympic coverage widely thought to be much worse than pisspoor. We’ve seen the hashtags #nbcfail and #nbcstinks. But according to the Wall Street Journal, a more accurate hashtag might be #NBC _ _ _ _ . Fill in those four spaces with letters or (CLUE, NUDGE) symbols.
A N S W E R S
3. Tom Daley, the 18-year-old British diver.
4. Radio Live.
Taylor and Uru will race in the lightweight double sculls final on Saturday.