“People are disappointed. A 4-star general, brilliant strategist, director of the CIA – and yet he’s behaving like your common congressman.”
– US actor and comedian Chris Rock on Twitter.
“At the moment the only thing that is green about our growth is the algae collecting in our rivers.”
– Gareth Morgan on garethsworld.com.
“To liken the Labour Party’s capacity for inflicting damage on itself to lemmings is to be unkind to lemmings.”
– John Armstrong in the New Zealand Herald.
“Politics is just show business for ugly people.”
– US TV show host Jay Leno repeats an old aphorism.
“Without the aid of prejudice and custom, I should not be able to find my way across the room.”
– William Hazlitt, quoted in the Times.
“The play was a great success, but the audience was a disaster.”
– playwright Oscar Wilde, quoted in the Week.
“Facebook just launched a new app. You can browse through two million job listings. You know it’s bad when even Facebook thinks it’s time for you to get a job. Facebook also has an app that can help you lose your job. It’s called Facebook.”
– US TV show host Jimmy Kimmel.
“Experience is the comb that Nature gives us after we are bald.”
“There’s no business like show business, but there are several businesses like accounting.”
– US TV host David Letterman.