“If we are what we eat, then as Americans, we are turkeys.”
– Taylor Plimpton writing in the New Yorker.
“Just had a rather body-image-challenging half hour. Went for swim in Cardiff hotel to find a pool full of All Blacks.”
– former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair’s ex-spin-doctor, Alistair Campbell, on Twitter.
“It’s easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher – and cooler.”
– Radiohead’s Thom Yorke, quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald and the Week.
“When a woman doesn’t wanna get married, she’s a weirdo, when a man doesn’t wanna get married, he’s George Clooney.”
– US comedian Sarah Silverman on Twitter.
“My kids no longer believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, or mortgage-backed securities.”
– US TV show host Conan O’Brien on Twitter.
“You’re going to hear a lot about Breaking Dawn Part 2 being the best of the Twilight movies. That’s like saying a simple head cold is preferable to swine flu.”
– Critic Peter Travers reviewing Breaking Dawn Part 2 for Rolling Stone magazine.
“On a regular PC, Windows 8 is Mr Hyde: a monster that terrorises poor office workers and strangles their productivity.”
– User interface expert Jakob Nielsen, quoted in pcworld.com.
“Everyone loves Denzel Washington as a drunk pilot in Flight. Why no love for me as a drunk passenger on JetBlue security footage?”
–Conan O’Brien on Twitter.