“To be busy is man’s only happiness.”
– Mark Twain, quoted on theDailyBest.com
“Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
– President Abraham Lincoln, quoted in the Week.
“The problem is that equine meat is in the food chain and there’s nothing we can do. We’re trying to shut the door after the horse has been bolted.”
– The Now Show on BBC4 jokes about the horsemeat scandal.
“The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas.”
– Linus Pauling, chemist, peace activist, author, educator; Nobel Prize in Chemistry, Nobel Peace Prize (1901-1994).
“If I have a song idea, I take it to Patricia. She looks at it and if she likes it we continue on with it, and if she doesn’t like it, we continue on with it. And at some point she will like it and it will be a good thing.”
– Pat Benatar’s husband and guitarist, Neil Giraldo, on One News.
“Kate Middleton, as she was, appeared to have been designed by a committee and built by craftsmen, with a perfect plastic smile and the spindles of her limbs hand-turned and gloss-varnished.”
– Hilary Mantel, London Review of Books.
“The big question: where’s the new Pope going to come from? I think they should check out Whole Foods. I’ve seen plenty of holier-than-thou people walking around that place.”
– US TV show host Jay Leno.